mercredi 13 mars 2013

Iris




"I shall tell him all my love. All my soul's adoration. And I think he will hear me and will not say me nay.
It is this that gives my soul all its joyous elation. As I hear the sweet lark sing in the clear air of the day."

Iris (2001)





"Education doesn’t make you happy. And nor does freedom. We don’t become happy just because we’re free... if we are... or because we’ve been educated, if we have. But because education may be the means by which we realize we are happy. It opens our eyes, our ears. Tells us where delights are lurking. Convinces us that there is only one freedom of any importance whatsoever. That of the mind. And gives us the assurance – the confidence – to walk the path our mind, our educated mind, offers." 

Iris Murdoch




By Eamonn Mccabe for the Guardian



Iris es una historia de amor. Es una película basada en una historia, y es una historia basada en un libro, es un libro basado en unas memorias, las memorias de una historia de amor que me pareció suficientemente fascinante como para planear verla/leerla/recordarla muchas veces más en mi vida. Y pensar en los recuerdos o los olvidos.





Aucun commentaire: